GlassFrog's GDPR Readiness
In May 2016, the EU passed the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a sweeping new regulation recognizing a fundamental right to privacy for EU residents. The GDPR replaces the Data Privacy Directive and a patchwork of member states’ regulation with the goal of updating, standardizing, and expanding privacy rights for the modern era.
HolacracyOne, the maker of GlassFrog, has always been committed to the data privacy of our users, and that commitment neither begins nor ends with the GDPR. We welcome the opportunity the GDPR has provided to re-examine our practices and update our policies and procedures with the goal of serving not only our EU customers, but all of our users worldwide. We are committed to GDPR compliance, and have been working tirelessly to make sure that we are achieving a high standard in privacy protection. In the upcoming months, we will be taking steps to refine our systems to ensure that we can meet the needs of all of our customers.
After expanding our data privacy team and undergoing a thorough review of what the GDPR means for GlassFrog, we’ve undertaken a number of ongoing projects to ensure continued compliance, including:
● Instituting regular data audits and mapping to ensure data is compliant from its collection to its storage, use, and disposal.
● Making EU servers available to all clients and revamping data processing agreements to ensure compliance of cross-border data transfers.
● Reworking our data policies and procedures to reflect best practices and streamline the exercise of data subject rights.
● Enhancing data security infrastructure and procedures to provide even greater safeguards for customer data.
● Improving internal training and practices to make data privacy an even bigger part of HolacracyOne’s culture.
How we can help
, and we will be updating our GlassFrog customers on how you can make sure you stay compliant in the GDPR era. A GDPR-updated Data Processing Addendum (DPA) will be made available for execution with clients upon request prior to the enforcement date, and can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact our Customer Support team if you have specific questions about the GDPR and your use of GlassFrog. Our GDPR Compliance Coordinator is standing by for the tough ones!
Learn more about GDPR